Sunday, February 17, 2008

Anti-Anxiety and Anti-Depression Medications

I have found in the last several years that there has been a stigma attached to anti-anxiety and anti-depression medications. I mostly found this when patients were filling out their health history and left it blank or put none, yet when I would personally ask them they would reluctantly mention one of the medications for anxiety or depression.
I am here to tell you that there is nothing to be ashamed of. Today’s world is so complicated that I actually commend the individuals that are on these medications especially if they feel good. It is more important to feel well and happy then not to take these medications and be upset, sad, or anxious.
My only reason to suggesting that individuals admit to this is because I do not wish them to add another burden by denying something. I’m not saying to tell everyone, you may be selective but chances are the person whom you are talking to may be taking it as well.
Just be happy and confident in who you are and if it takes a pill to do this then that is perfectly OK.

No comments: