Monday, February 11, 2008

My Occupation...


As a full time PA I often find that many question "what is" my profession. So in one of my articles for AC (Associated Content) I have laid it out the best I could. I give a brief description of my role as a PA in hopes to clarify some of these questions. What is a Physician Assistant?
At least this will explain a little about what we do. And yes in our field there are many who have different roles in all specialties and as a growing profession I am sure that you may have encountered one in some way. We can all hope that the experience was a professional and pleasant encounter as it should be with any health care provider.
I would love to say that I hear only pleasant stories about health care providers, but we all know including myself that we have had a few that either lack professionalism and have no "people skills" and some that may or may not, but present with a lack of knowledge as well. Which I say sometimes it is Ok as long as the answer is being sought. And with medicine honesty is the best policy. It builds trust between the provider and patient. Agree?

No comments: