Saturday, February 16, 2008

Is your health care provider listening?


I wasn't too convinced at my last appointment. Had a recent visit to a health care provider, which I must admit I do not go often but I felt like they were not really listening to me. "How terrible" I thought to myself. I know that time is sometimes an issue, scheduling may become an issue but that is not my problem. I would expect to be treated as the very first person that was seen that day.
Now I can truly relate. I like to consider myself compassionate and caring. I try to hear everyone out, but after this visit I will make sure to be more alert to what anyone has to say. I hope this does not occur to anyone, although I am sure it has. I guess understanding and patience is what is needed. And that is what I told myself as I left the office. I recommend you do the same. It's healthier...instead of getting aggravated :)

No comments: