Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Toothache, Headache, Backache Hydrocodone Anyone?

I am sure we all know someone who has been on some form of hydrocodone more commonly known as Vicodin. Some may take it for a simple toothache, others for chronic pain, but the reality is that some are just plainly addicted to it. Yes I will admit that it is prescribed sometimes too freely and thus may cause an addictive response but who is accountable. Physician or patient. Some symptoms are subjective meaning as a medical provider the pain cannot be seen so we rely on patients being honest and truthful, however should some providers be more conservative with their treatments at time. I am not sure there is a right answer.
From personal experience I had very bad side effects with hydrocodone. So it is difficult for me to even believe that this is addicting, but anyway this should be used with lots of caution.

No comments: